Math Skype Lessons

image

5SK participated in 4 Skype math lessons with students from Mount Vernon Presbyterian School yesterday morning. A huge thank you to Miss Immel, her students and their wonderful caregivers. We are ahead of Mount Vernon School by 15 hours as they are located in Atlanta, Georgia. Our session started at 8:30am Thursday morning which in Atlanta time was Wednesday afternoon at 5:30pm. Very cool!

Our math lessons were student created and run. They were broken up into 4 mini lessons. Two created by students at Mount Vernon and two were created by our students. Along with Skype, our students created PowerPoints, handouts and games for their lessons and we emailed our resources prior to the session.

We thoroughly enjoyed the experience of using Skype as a lesson tool in the classroom and look forward to doing it again. Thank you again to Miss Immel, the students and families at Mount Vernon Presbyterian School for including us in this fantastic learning experience.

9 thoughts on “Math Skype Lessons

1. Emma says:

Wow, that sounds like a lot of fun, you’re so lucky! I wish that my maths group could Skype another school!

2. Niamh says:

Wow that sounds fun. I wish that my maths group could do that! In guided reading a group skype called another group and talked about the book and their opinions. Do you like it or not?

3. Steffi says:

Wow that sounds fun and exciting! I wish I could have skyped. I hope you had a nice time skyping in maths. Great post!!!
    🙂

4. Shardaina says:

Wow that sounds cool. We are doing skype in guided reading and it is amazing and fun. What other things could we use it for?